I’ve been getting mousse, loose, aboot this hoose!
Sorry, couldn’t help it.
After making a white chocolate mousse with samples from Millies, I couldn’t help but make more versions! This time I used the Mint Extra Dark Chocolate from Seed and Bean, and, tweaking my recipe, I created a much more indulgent, rich affair, which needs a much smaller portion size. It’s equally as delicious though, with the mint cutting through the rich, bitter chocolate and refreshing the palate rather than swamping it. Normally I get about two spoonfuls through a chocolate pudding before giving up, but I had no trouble polishing this one off, even after two portions of Easter lamb. So, I’ll be starting running again this week…
Give it a go though! Here’s the recipe:
Mint Dark Chocolate Mousse
85g Mint Extra Dark Chocolate
2 egg whites
60ml double cream
A squeeze of lemon
1tbsp caster sugar
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over water boiling in a pan.
- Stir in the milk then remove from the heat.
- Whist the egg whites with a squeeze of lemon and the caster sugar until you get stiff peaks.
- Gently fold into the chocolate mixture.
- Whip the cream until it’s just about forming soft peaks.
- Fold into the mixture.
- Pour into four cups/glasses.
- Put in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
This chocolate is available from Millies: http://shop.milliesleeds.co.uk/collections/fine-food-hampers